This page is dedicated to rules and laws that apply here on the Saybrook Entertainment Wiki.
1. When making a large edit, for example one that consists of more than 500 characters, it will be helpful to provide a small summary of the edit.
2. Furthermore, if you are making an edit on a page(s) that will require more than one edit then please inform the admins about it, otherwise if it is incomplete and we aren't aware of the situation, we will rollback it.
3. Invite everyone you know that is just willing to help out, we need the support!
4. Be careful about giving personal information (like exact location, bank details, you wiki account password, or where and how you spend your free time) or pictures of yourself.
5. Think what you're writing before entering the comments to avoid getting in trouble. Make sure what you're saying doesn't negatively affect people's emotions. If you find yourself asking "might this comment offend or hurt anyone's feelings and end up crossing the line?" and your answer is yes, then you definitely might want to think twice.
Not knowing about these rules is not an excuse for breaking them. If you’re warned for breaking rules “I didn’t know” is not an excuse, all users must read these.
1. Each user is allowed to use up to one account. If they wish to switch to a new account, the previous account must be disabled here.
2. Sockpuppeting - or using a second account to pretend to be someone else is strictly forbidden.
- If a user uses a second account to get around a block/ban, their original ban will be extended to forever.
Chat and Comments:Edit
1. Inserting false information into pages will result in two warning be given, before blocks will be incurred.
- One your third strike, you will be blocked anywhere from 1 week to 6 months.
- For minor offences (3-6 pages affected), the block will range 1 week to 1 month.
- For major offences (6+ pages affected), the block will range 1 month to 6 months.
2. Spamming (repeating messages over and over, making numerous pointless comments, advertising a business or website etc…) can earn you up to a permanent ban depending on how much and what you “spammed”.
- Two warnings will be given before a one week ban from the wiki. If spamming continues after the week, this time will double to 2 weeks, then 4 weeks and so on.
3. Swearing is allowed to a degree. However, if you are using profanity to bully another user(s) two warnings will be given before a three-day ban from the wiki. If swearing continues this time will triple every time and will lead eventually lead to a permanent ban.
4. Insulting users is inappropriate and one warning will be given before a three-day ban.
5. Harassing or threatening another user (especially regarding one’s race, gender, nationality, religion or orientation) is inappropriate and will result in a one month ban at first.
6. Article comments and blogs are for constructive discussion, not for back-and-forth bickering.
7. Editing or deleting another user’s user page without their permission is inappropriate and will result in a one day ban.
8. Sexually explicit images, videos or comments can get you banned anywhere from one month to a permanent ban. (depends on what time the admins see fit)
9. Photo-shopped images are not allowed on articles, just blogs and userpages.
10. If you are banned and you harass the admins on other wikis regarding your ban on this wiki, your ban time will double the more you harass. Harassing admins too far will result in them contacting the wikia staff and could lead to a permanent ban.
11. Anybody caught spying on the chat for another wiki will be banned immediately.
- If you join the chat, you will be expected to talk, as many people have come here just cause problems such as screencapping people, and collecting information without joining in on the main conversation. This is called lurking. If you are not talking for hours, it makes people uncomfortable and feel unsafe, and you will be kicked and/or banned immediately. Don't feel scared to join into a conversation! Everybody is welcome!
12. When a user "trolls" in attempt to attack or damage the reputation of another user, the "troller" will be banned from the wiki for two days. Each time the rule is broken, the ban will double in length.
13. Do not flood the chat. (i.e. saying one letter per said line) as it makes it difficult for other users to have a conversation.
14. No bashing of any kind (talking bad about or name calling the actors, writers, producers, characters) wil not be tolerated.
- For first time offenders, a 1-2 week block will be given. But amount of time block is subject to change depending on the severity of the bashing that is occurring.
15. While this is a a wikia about Pretty Little Liars, spoilers of said show come with the territory. However, spoilers of other shows have to follow a 24hr No spoilers policy in the comments section. Which means that if a user spoils what happened on the latest episode of a show and it hasn't been 24hrs, he/she will receive a warning (if its a first offense) or a 1 week block (or more) if the user is a repeat offender.
- However, you can make a forum post but labeled with (insert name of show/book/or movie here) SPOILERS DISCUSSION. Then to have others join the conversation you can copy the link to the forum post and send it to the people you want to to discuss this with.
17. Do not start any shipping wars (read more), and try to stay out of them. If you see a shipping war going on, you should report it to an administrator and let us deal with the problem. If you implicate yourself, you might get unfairly blocked as you would be a part of the issue.
All rules that are made for the chat and comments section apply to what you put on the pages of the wiki. There are some additional rules made for the pages that do not apply to the chat and comments section.
1. Don’t post comments in all caps; using all caps for emphasis is fine, but an entire sentence in all caps loses its effect and becomes annoying to other users. This may also be seen as intimidating behavior if directed at someone.
- Three warnings will be given before a one day ban is given.
2. Inserting false or unconfirmed information is not allowed. Also, posting information regarding future episodes on character pages is not allowed.
- Reliable sources are Freeform themselves (pictures, videos, tweets etc.) and cast and crew members (pictures, videos, tweets etc.) (see verifiability)
- Unreliable sources are i.e. IMDB, Wikipedia, Zap2It, Instagram pictures + tweets + snapchats + videos that are not from either ABC Family themselves or cast and crew members.
3. Only add appropriate categories to pages. Adding random categories will be classed as spam, or badge gaming.
4. Vandalizing pages will result in a warning. Two warnings will be given before a one week ban is enforced.
- Vandalism includes removing content from pages, adding false information, adding inappropriate content, adding random content solely made just to ruin a page
- Gifs are also not allowed on the pages themselves. Having them in a forum or blog post and even your profile page is fine though.
Long Posts in Comments SectionEdit
Recently we (the admins) have also come across several users on this wiki posting what we deemed "long posts" which sometimes are so long they occupy an entire page. We have since decided that it is best to have those be made into blog entries, otherwise, we will delete them. The user will be warned before he/she gets into trouble. If they ignore the warning and continue then they can expect at least 1-2 week ban.
1. We all love our ships, we all hate some ships, but in order to keep peace in the Wikia comment sections, please keep any negative comments about a ship to yourself, and take it to your Wiki Blog. Everyone on this wiki has the right to make a blog, and they're more private than the comment section on here.
2. If you see a ship war going on, instead of joining in, and therefore implicating yourself, let an admin know and we'll clear the whole thing up.
Comment Section NegativityEdit
1. Please try and limit the negativity in the episode comments here when you don't like someone or something. Instead, take it to your blog. It is getting really, really, old, and as admins, we are sick of seeing it on here.
- You can create a blog at this link.
2. There are people who come to this site, and end up causing conflict with other members. Whether or not they're trolls, or just excessively negative to any character, or ship, a blog is a handy tool to avoid public conflict, and you can even disable comments on your own blog.
1. If you are under 13 years of age, you come under the US “COPPA” law (Children Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are found to be under the age of 13, you will be banned for the amount of time until you reach the age of 13 (for example, 2 years if you’re 11).
2. Users shall not perform “cybersex” on the server.
3. Users are not permitted to share or promote Warez. This includes links or talk of illegal Mp3, Games, Movies and Software or anything that is covered under international copyright laws.
4. Users shall not perform acts of hatred. This includes: racism, sexual discrimination, homophobic acts and other discrimination.
5. Users shall not use harsh language, especially sexual references (c*nt, sl*t, wh*re etc…), unless when referring to aspects of the series that revolve around said words. 2 warnings will be given before kickban. Please censor sexual related.